Laser Attachment

Seems like it would be a no brainer to have a laser attachment for cutting plasitcs or thin wood, maybe even engraving. Am I out of my mind?

1 Like

Hey @Brent

Yep been there done that already. In fact that is what AUX 1 is designed for. Still working on the support software tho so please be patient.

Cheers
AM

6 Likes

Awesome. Going to start building my table tonight and have a Cutmaster 60i on the way and hope to have to Acrdroid up and running by the weekend.

@Andrew
Is there a Beta for the Aux 1 SW?
I am working on a setup and would be happy to test and troubleshoot.
Is the 24v going to be a power when the laser is on or a PWM/TTL

@TurboN2O

Haven’t got a proper Beta yet for the Aux1 channel I’m afraid. Still in the Queue though.

Biggest issue is being able to calibrate it for a the laser diode position as there is no easy mechanical reference like the plasma torch

It is a PWM Signal so you will be able to dial intensity

Cheers
AM

Why not a simple plastic cap on the nose, then use xy screws on the laser like a rifle bore sights

@Andrew
I was able to 3d print an attachment that mounts below my laser diode and had the laser pierce a hole in it. Then used that hole to insert a heat set and used that as my center. Works great besides I have to manual change power levels.

So once you have a test SW for the PWM on the AUX 1, I would be happy to try it out.

What is the votlage going to be? Curious so I can make plans to adapt for my setup. My Module uses a 5 volt PWM to control power.

@TurboN2O

The Aux 1 is a 24V PWM output. You can Currently control it by inserting M106 S0-255 into your code
where 0-255 is PWM amount

So M106 S0 is laser off M106 S255 is 100% on

Thank you. I was able to get Aux 1 working as the PWM for my laser module with a voltage divider since it uses a 5v signal.
My other question, is there a way to get a 24v power source from the arc droid? That shares a common ground with Aux 1?

For background, my laser module is a 3 wire setup. 24v DC + - and a 5v pwm that shares the 24v - wire. Currently running an external power source for the 24v and wanted to see if there was a way to integrate it into the module.

2 Likes

possible to see the set at work? THANKS .

2 Likes

I am in the middle of making my table and writing it all together permanently. Once I finish that I’ll post some pictures.

@Andrew Is there any SW updates coming to allow multiple tool calibrations to be saved?
Tool 1 - plasma cutter
Tool 2 - laser attachment
Stylus
Just to keep from calibrating frequently

1 Like

@TurboN2O it’s on the list but lowish priority at the moment

1 Like