Touch screen display holder

Can you make covers for the two micro switches?

Do you want covers for when the unit is being stored or something when you’re using the device? I can look into it. Let me know what you’re looking for as it will require a different approach for each.

I’m more concerned about while in use I contacted arcdroid about the issue but of course not heard from them I just don’t like open board exposed to the elements.

Let me see what I can come up with.

Hey Garcia can i just get the STL file from you? I would purchase it if it was a reasonable price. Thanks

Yeah the file is available on the site for purchase. Thank you.

Hey Jim

Simple answer is… they don’t need to be.
They are low voltage switches (5V) and the PCB is coated in an insulating layer. They are not energized during normila operation and the switch itself is a nema rated micro switch

And in the 4000 + units we’ve sold we’ve had exactly 3 fail and two if those were due to a mis-connected ground clamp from the plasma causing an arc between arm and machine during homing…the other just got hammered when someone accidentally smacked the arm.

Cheers
AM

Thanks for the update. I will prob still look into doing something.

Me too if I come up with something I’ll let you everyone know

Good morning everyone. We now have Arc Droid limit switch covers available on the website. The next 25 display mount orders get a free set!

1 Like

This is what it looks like installed vs open. Just for that extra peace of mind.

1 Like

I just placed my order!

Thank you sir! Appreciate the support.

Order placed. Thank you!

Thanks for the order. Please share some pics after you’re all setup. Thanks!

@GarciaJ5
You WILL have to recalibrate after installing these as this changes the angle which the arms hit.
And if there is any movement in them at all it can make for inconsistent results between uses.
Part of the reason we don’t cover them is to maintain constancy of homing position

Andrew thanks for the reminder! I did some initial testing and did not notice a difference(fat sharpie). However after reading your post I tested again with a pen and I did notice a difference .070” which is about the thickness of the covers. So you are correct about the needed calibration.

This is a line before and after. It’s about the thickness of the pen

The filament we used is TPU so the covers fit snug and flex, they are like a silicone. I’ll keep you posted if we see anything abnormal. I could send you a set. Would you like to try them out?

I have a few Display Mount/Switch Cover Combos left. Add both products to your cart, and get the switch covers free! Check out using the link below and get an additional $10.00 off.

441401844_7769523639759389_8481350215916294260_n

1 Like

Dang now I wish I would have waited to buy this now instead purchasing the first day you offered it in March lol…

This guy takes care of you! The screen case is very nice and also high quality. It is a nice and secure way to hold it on a computer monitor movable strut like I have. I’m sure the switch covers are also high quality. Thank you Garcia!

I just picked up a cover/ mount and it fits really well. You do have to take the control panel apart and remove the rubber bumpers and wire stand. Once i figured that all out it was pretty easy.