About the General Discussion category

Talk about all things ArcDroid™

What is the working are of the Arc droid?

Tha Arcdroid cutting area is 15" x 26"

1 Like

Hello, Arcdroid rookie here!!! Just purchased the Arcdroid & X2 accessory. I know nothing about this tool other than what I’ve seen on Youtube and I love it. My question … is the Titanium 65 Plasma cutter from Harbor freight a plug and play unit or does it need a modification for the trigger? I saw the video of Andrew and the Titanium 65’s first hookup and cuts. What I think I learned from watching that video is the Titanium 65 unit is a plug and play cutter. Can anyone confirm that for me before I purchase a cutter. Thank you in advance. Glenn

Hi, sometimes good news just doesn’t get shared enough. I would just like to Thank You to Andrew for creating a cool and fun machine. It had been a few weeks since I had cut anything with my ArcDroid. Made a needed bracket, created it on Fusion 360, went out and plugged it in and WALLA, I had the two brackets I needed. Yes there was a learning curve for me and I am still learning. This is just a fun machine I very much enjoy using it. It has opened up a whole new world for my hobby and work shop. Thank You Andrew.

1 Like

I second this. There’s a huge market of guys like us. People who are in a position where our shops are one or two car garages. The same garages where we might build furniture, fix lawn mowers, store table saws, miter saws, band saws, plainers, routers, fabrication table, Tig welders, mig welders, gas bottles, horizontal band saws, work bench, computers, 3d printers, mechanic tools, tool boxes, ect. Ect.ect. the point is, we get forgotten about, businesses aren’t making products with us in mind, they don’t do market analysis on us, designing and making products that fit our needs and constraints. I’d love to have a dedicated shop and a full size CNC plasma, full CNC mill and a full size lathe with a 4x8 fabrication table, it’s simply not possible. If it wasn’t for Andrew and arcdroid, CNC plasma would simply not be a realistic option due to space constraints. All that said, I too feel appreciation every time a part comes off the table and I move the table and Arcdroid back under my assembly table where it lives. So, thanks Andrew, you did us a real solid here, would buy again, and again and again.

1 Like