Articulated arm to hold cable

Does anyone know of a good articulated arm to put on a table for the Arcdroid. I am going to make a 4’x2’ slat table for my Arcdroid with the X2 extension track.

Any links to buy one or pictures of something you made. Thanks in advance

I haven’t done it yet, but I remember trailer trucks used to have a spring loaded stick on the back that held up their air line and wires. if I remember them correctly I plan on doing something with one of those. for now it’s a Bungie cord to a hinge on my overhead door. I strategically use my table the right distance from the doorway so if and when I forget and close the door nothing gets destroyed

1 Like

This is part of an old aluminum walker, cut it up and use the swivel part that lets it fold up to weld to the frame behind the AD.
I’ll send better pics later.

5 Likes

The gray piece at the bottom is steel, it is the part of the center of the walker.
You can pick up the one of these walkers at Goodwill for a few dollars.

5 Likes

Superb!. I love the whole idea of one man’s junk is another man’s treasure. Or in this case another man’s great idea. Lol. :+1:

Yep, it has plastic bushings in the steel piece that is welded to the frame, so it swivels really easy.
My dear departed Daddy always said “Boy use your head for something besides a hat rack”

1 Like

Hey guys. I bent up some tubing that I had as spare metal. I used the arcdroid to cut out cable tabs to use cable ties to hold the lead to. I’ve got a YouTube channel with videos on what I’ve done… and also a water bed that I made. I absolutely love the arcdroid and I use it at any chance I get!.

2 Likes