First Cut, What Ya Think?

So what is your advice for this plasma noob? Some other facts:

1. ran through calibration
  2. sitting on a level water table
  3. Using a Razorweld 45 with CNC port, ran at 32A
  4. Compressor ran at 70PSI and 6CFM
  5. Cutting cold rolled steel, 1/4" thickness
  6. ArcDroid settings can be found in image down below…
  7. Just used the ArcDroid to a layout a circle with a 2.5" dia. No CAD tool used.

Any suggestions for making the cut more ideal? Thanks!

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

Off the top of my head

Raise your pierce height Say 0.1 or maybe a bit more
Turn Up your amperage, no reason to do 1/4" at anything less than 40-45A
Up you speed quite a bit that is way too slow. I do 1/4" at 30-35 ipm and 45 A

Cheers
AM

3 Likes

Thank you sir! Your machine is amazing! Really glad I made the purchase!

So making progress, tweaking variables. I am finally cutting all the way through the 1/4" mild steel. But no variables I have tweaked so far seem to affect the fact I am not quite getting the full 360-degree to cut all way through. Looks like dross/slag is filling back in that last part of the arc. I am thinking:

1. Need more CFM
  2. Too fast or too slow?
  3. Can you have too much water in a water table?

Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m very new to this, cut my first piece today with it after uploading from Fusion 360. So take my suggestion lightly but I would try increasing the off delay, I had mine set to what yours is on 20 gauge stuff and had similar results of it not completing the cut. I increased it to .5 I believe and it took care of it on the thin stuff.

1 Like

Thanks foe the feedback. Will give it a try!

Starting to get pretty clean and repeatable results with 16GA with these settings.

3 Likes

I found i had to increase the start delay (Prc delay) with my plasma to get the correct start, you may also want to add lead in lenght…

1 Like

I found the same as Colray. If your pierce delay is too little the torch starts into the cut before it fully pierces through.