Newbie questions

Waiting for my arcdroid to get here. Even ordered the X2. I’ve started converting a heavy cart into a cutting table. Of course it’s delayed the the hurricane. Doesn’t matter yet as I’m still without power.
How close should the cutting area be to the front of the arcdroid?
What height should the cutting table optimally be in reference to the base plate?
Thanks, hope to be cutting soon.

You want the front of the Droid base abutting the cut area of the table and the two at the same height.

@Illbebetter Welcome to the forum.
Bob just answered your questions.
If you are like me, you will have plenty more.
The Arcdroid is a great machine, it has a learning curve, so please don’t get bogged down by the little stuff.
The group here is very knowledgeable and you can’t beat the inventor of the Arcdroid (Andrew)!
Enjoy, and happy cutting!

Henry

I’m building out my POC table, and learning… I built a cut area of 48” wide and 26” deep. I forgot to take into account the 1” height from the X2. I think the Z axis will support but I want to close that so more concept work. The supplied shelf may have been better but I wanted a solid frame to base my build from.

I started with a 48” width thinking I would want a 1” border. 26” inch depth is far more than the capability, with the hope I can rotate the cut piece 180’ for a 30” depth. More than I expect to need in the short/mid-term.

Looking forward to initial cuts this weekend. Lot’s to learn!

Watch out for the magnets if the arm hits it mid cut or even homing it (mines never went the same way twice) you could throw you calibration off or worse mess up your arm I’ve had the Droid almost come off the table hitting a ground clamp

1 Like

@Kevsoph You could just cut out the back piece of tubing and drop it down, that way the Droid will be flush with the table.
Table looks good.
Happy cutting!

I use Strut Channel as my cutting slats you can get them in different sizes there cheap $20 , for ten feet I use different sizes for whatever I need to cut it gives my z axis a bit more travel. You could use them to make up for your gap.

Phoenix Support Systems 1-5/8" X 13/16" X 10’ Zinc Dichromate Strut Channel at Menards®

I have my X2 just sitting on the table like yours, If needed you can adjust the Z axis where it mounts to the arm