Custom downdraft water table

Hey y’all !

I finally wrapped up the fabrication of my downdraft water table. That way i get the best of both world and minimize both dust and gases. I’ve also added a 12 inch riser on it to be able to cut oddball material like tubing etc… let me know what you think ! All and all I got about 80 hrs in it.

4 Likes

That looks nice do you have pictures of your lift and how did you build it I’ve been working out ways to add a lift to my table

Very impressive work! Just curious - how’d do make the cuts in the top members for the slats to fit into? They look so precise

Looks great, but you need a few thousand cuts across the slats.
The electric screw positioners look like they will work good.

Henry

You did a hell of a job on building the table!
Good show.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is very nice!

Thank you sir ! I ended up using 8 linear bearing and 4 seperate guides. Overkill but since they were from amazon / china I wanted to play it safe. Here are a few more pics

3 Likes

Ended up using 2x2 for the frame. So i made a spacer in my evolution saw and use the depth limiter. The kerf on the blade is 0.94 inch so i drew lines every 1.5 inch, and made a pass on each side of the line for a cut of 0.188 total each. I then ordered 1.5 x 0.188 flat bar, chopped them to lenght and then adjusted their eights using a 0.5in flat bar welded underneath for a flat surface.

1 Like

Again - really nice work. Hope you get many years out of it

Really nice and tidy table you have made there. Funny, it looks like we have used the exact same actuators for the lift system.

Nice work! Great inspiration for those of us earlier in the process! :slight_smile: