Dry run issues

I did a square measurement. went to run a dry run I kept getting the error ( end stops hit z: 14.4850. Has anybody run into this issue? Torch comes down & touches the metal & then retracks and acts like its going to cut & then stops with that error. thanks for any help.

You may have the torch tip to close to the work surface. When you home the Z, what is the distance to the work? You could also try reducing the setting for retract distance in the Tune menu.

Hi Bob, after homing the torch I have about 5/8 clearance. the torch comes down & touches off the metal and the goes back up as if I was homing it again.

Try different mounting holes for the torch plate. You need to increase that 5/8” height. Or raise the Droid base.

I have cut several items out about two weeks ago with no problems, went to cut today & now have issues, I did not change settings today. I even did a recalibration today to see if that would fix the issue. I will try again tomorrow.

the z axis sled sometimes binds up on the slide rails and does not drop so the AD sensor hits it limit trying to make it drop - check your sled for free falling

Thanks for the feed back BobD & Matt_UK, I got it figured out.

Good for you CNC. For the next guy, how about a rundown on what you found to be the problem?