Having some trouble

Josh Jensen

21d

I’m having some trouble cutting. It will trace and “cut” (follow the program without the torch on) but as soon as I enable the torch it will pierce but won’t move. What am I doing wrong?

0 likes Like Reply

VIEWS

Reply Edit Delete

Bob DeWachter

21d

What are you using for a plasma cutter? I wonder if you are experiencing electrical interference issues… Is your plasma to Arcdroid connection a shielded cable? Shield should only be connected at one end, grounded at the plasma cutter.

0 likes Like Reply

Josh Jensen

21d

@Bob DeWachter I have a primeweld 60A plasma cutter. I believe it’s shielded. It’s 16g trailer wire that I sodered to the cnc port on the back .

0 likes Like Reply

Bob DeWachter

20d

Your plasma cutter is one others are using ok so it isn’t a compatability issue. I’ve never seen any trailer wire that is shielded. You may want to change that to a cable with a foil or braided sheath that wraps the conductors.

1 likes Like Reply

Josh Jensen

20d

@Bob DeWachter ok I will go get some shielded wire today and try that

0 likes Like Reply

Debug Advice

Jason Burns

20d

@Josh Jensen You don’t really need shielded wire, though it won’t hurt anything to have it. Depending if you have a chassis ground on your machine, it may or may not do anything.

What do you have pierce delay set to? Also check your firmware version. If not up to date be sure to grab it off the website. If you’re still having problems, don’t hesitate to call Andrew. He’s great at taking time to figure things out with people, especially with one off problems.

0 likes Like Reply

Bob DeWachter

20d

Will it run the program with the plasma cutter itself off rather than disabling the cutter on the screen? Curious if it makes any difference.

0 likes Like Reply

Josh Jensen

20d

@Jason Burns I do have a classic ground and I do believe that it is up to date. I believe my pierce is at .1. Also how do I check if it is up to date?

0 likes Like Reply

Josh Jensen

20d

@Bob DeWachter I will try that and get back to you

0 likes Like Reply

ANDREW Miller Staff member

20d

Hey Josh

When in doubt give us a call

Might be able to help with some troubleshooting.

Andrew Miller
C.I.O. 2 AM Innovations Ltd.

1 Like