Problems with Accuracy of Cuts

Hello Community,

I have a Question about a Problem that i dont know how to solve by my self. Im having very high tolerances when im cutting a very simple unfold of a sheet-metal-cone (see Pictures). I freshly calibrated the machine 5 times in a row and nothing changed. I have compared my part with the DXF drawing i used and a lasered Part from a Company i sent the drawings to (dont get distracted by the 3 inner holes of the lasered part, i drilled it because i needed one on the other side). You can clearly see the difference in the inner and the outer radii, but the holes on the inside are perfect and i dont know the mistake im making. Im using Fusion360 with the matching postprocessor if that is important to know

1 Like

In the first picture you can see the difference between the Plasmapart and the DXF Data (red lines = Plasma). in the second picture you can see the firmware version thats currently installed. In the last two pictures is my setup im currently running.

1 Like

it might be a the difference in kerfs. I know that the kerf on a laser is any where from .003-.010 thousandths and a plasma is any where form .095-.130 thousandths on the cuts

3 Likes

Hi, in found Out that the DXF was faulty, so everything Worms fine.

3 Likes