First hole not cutting correctly

Firstly I have only just started using it today so please forgive my ignorance. The issue I have is: When cutting multiple holes in a 3mm plate (not that I think the plate has anything to do with it). The first circle looks like a G and is not completely cut. Subsequent holes (circles) cut fine.
The file has been created on the touchscreen. I havent put a drive / usb stick in. All other cuts seem to work fine. Seems to be the same each time I create the drawings.

created using the trace function.
Plasma Cutter is a TD Cutmaster 38

Any suggestions / advice appreciated

@Dalinc

Looks like it’s not starting the plasma soon enough. Some Plasma cutters have a bit of a delay before they start the arc (it can vary between cuts due to temperature)

Up you pierce delay time and give it a chance to light up properly before moving

Cheers
AM

@Dalinc

Actually looking at it again it seems it’s initiating okay but not completing
This is most likely the Kerf Algorithm having a Divide by Zero fit. We’ve seen this sort of glitch a couple times before (particularly in Kerf = 0 scenarios) and have fixed it in the most recent updates
So first line of defense is to update your Simple trace and machine firmware to the latest
Failing that make sure Kerf is set to something non zero.

If you’re still having trouble send us the file and well have a look

Cheers
AM

1 Like

Andrew has to be the busiest person in the world, every where I find a question he’s always there answering it. so glad I went with Arcdroid

1 Like