Self deleting trace file

So. I want to begin with a major thank you to arcdroid… it really has changed so many things for me and my workshop… i build cars… cardboard patterns to crossmember sections and everything between… even certified engine mounts…
But down to my little dillema. I upgraded to the x2 droid mount… take a cardboard template… trace it… looks good… auto retraces perfect… but when i plasma cut two copies, without needing to slide the droid. These are usually small parts. I get the pop up saying something to the effect that the process is busy. Which will stay there till the cut is complete… and then boof… my trace is auto deleted… screen has no linework loaded at all… i do my updates when they come up… and calibrate often… if the retrace doesnt look right i do a calibration… i hope its just me doing goober mistakes. Can someone point me in the right direction please… thanks for your time… Dan

Thats a new one, haven’t seen anyone else post up that problem.
Does the screen flicker out like it is doing a reset? After this happens must you home the Droid to do anything? That would indicate it actually shut down.

I was having this problem when I first got my X2 ,make sure your machine is grounded properly using a grounding rod and make sure separate lines going from your table arcdroid, and the X2 rails all go back to a bus bar then to the grounding rod I did this and solved my issues with designs dissapearing going way out into No Man’s Land once the cut was finished and also solved the problem with blue rectangle slowly washing away out of the cut area like it was on water. Also make sure the rails for the X2 are cleaned regularly as I’ve found it affects the grounding if they are dirty and then causes all sorts of problems with design moving .hope this helps .
Paul.

Gghoon, can you please describe your grounding better? I have had lots of small random problems since getting the X2 and I leave it unplugged unless I need it.

Hi BobD, I think it does do a flicker, like my eye just caught it kind of thing. then the popup window, it will finish its current path and cut fine, until the torch lift. then the linework is gone. pushing home does what it should, and it seems buisness as usual after that. its wierd. but theres a few guys mentioning droid grounding. im gonna have a look into that, if not i will video it and see if i cant screen shot out the important bits… thanks BobD

HI Gqhoon. grounding is something i hadnt considered, I have made a welding fixture table with rubber castors, which until the X2 arrived had worked perfectly, allowing me to be semi mobile within my workspace, it carries the droid and plasma unit as a package, so apart from internal electrical grounding from my machines, should i have a lead to another earth, I will try and video what happens and screen shot the important bits, that would be more precise of me for description. i had wondered if its a memory thing, i will have a look at that also. thanks for your input, and i hope it is something silly ive done or have not done. thanks again

No problem Danny I will explain it as best I can, this is just how I did it from the information I could gather, first thing is never have your grounding leads linking to one another as it just will not allow it to dissipate the noise created by the plasma properly . Each grounding lead should lead back to the bus bar and then the bus bar connected to the grounding rod so I have the Arcdroid, the plasma torch arm, the water table and the X2 slide all connected to the bus bar with separate leads and then I have a lead from the bus bar to the grounding Rod which is a solid copper rod driven about five foot into the ground outside my garage, totally separate from the building.I have added some pictures below so you can see what I’m talking about and I’m sure there are better ways to do it this is just what I came up with from the information I could gather. I hope this helps solve your issue

. PS. lightly scuff up the top of the aluminium rail on the X2 with a Scotch bright just on top and also keep the rails clean as it seems to affect your grounding if they are dirty and have a build up of grime . I also added ferrite clamps to all the cables except the Cat6 .

Hey mate I posted a reply in the thread , hope it helps.