Small cart stand for the 'Droid

1mo

This is the Jegs version of the small plasma carts with a side stand for the ArcDroid

• 1" square tube
  • The legs extend down past the lower angle bracket which prevents any flex in the frame
  • The base of the 'Droid sits on 4 adjustable nuts for truing it up to the stand

2 likes Liked Reply

VIEWS

Reply Edit Delete

Debug Advice

Jason Burns

1mo

Nice!

0 likes Like Reply

Anthony Castrovinci

1mo

Hi, where do you get this EXACT cart. All the jegs ones I looked at do not have wheels. NICE JOB on the modifiying/welding of the base part

0 likes Like Reply

Debug Advice

Jim Leisring

1mo

I added the wheels also.

All 4 wheels lock and pivot. you can get this style from rockler.com

0 likes Like Reply

Littleboss DWH

29d

Got mine from Northern Tool and welded 4 casters to the adjustable feet

0 likes Like Reply

Debug Advice

Jim Leisring

27d

More ease-of-use functionality for the work space

This was intended to be a test piece but turned out I don’t hate it enough to throw it into the scrap

The little arm holding the stand I made works much better than I anticipated. It holds very sturdy where I can tap on the screen without it moving around and is quick to re-adjust when needed.

The 3 cable pulleys also worked out really well.

The vertical arm I have needs to move to the other side. When the droid moves in the “home” direction, the tension on the torch is such that it likes to unscrew the cap and spin loose.

Lastly, if you look closely, you will see that the slats are now higher than the supports/table angle braces. Now, larger pieces lie flat and are at a better height to where I positioned the side mount for the 'Droid. I just laid in a piece of 3/4" tube…

Amazon

2 likes Liked Reply

Debug Advice

Jason Burns

27d

Great stuff. A holder for the pendant and support for the plasma lead are great to have.

0 likes Like Reply

ANDREW Miller Staff member

20d

@Jim Leisring Really Nice man!

Andrew Miller
C.I.O. 2 AM Innovations Ltd.

0 likes Like Reply