Connecting ArcDroid to BestArc plasma

Hello all. New here. Just got my arcdroid and love it so far but I’m having some issues I was hoping to get some help with.

I’ve had a PrimeWeld Cut60 for a while but it’s been acting up lately. It will cut freehand and using the arcdroid with the included hand torch. I recently got a machine torch from primeweld but for some reason that is not working.

I decided to get a cheaper plasma cutter from Amazon (BestArc BTC500xp) in the hopes that it’ll be more reliable. This one does work freehand, but when I connect it to the ArcDroid the torch doesn’t fire. I tried a quick test (1in circle) and the arm moves as expected but no air or sparks. This is the same for the hand torch and machine torch.

The machine has a 2-pin and a 5-pin connection on the back and comes with two little pigtail connectors (looks similar to the Arcfony machine from another post here). The 5-pin connector pigtail only has four wires coming out though (2-5) with no wire for pin 1.

As per the instructions, I connected pins 2 and 3 to the arcdroid and left the others unused. I just soldered some 18ga wire in temporarily (need to get some butt connectors). Any idea why the torches are not firing?

The ground is connected of course. New consumables. Correct air setting. The BestArc is showing a small alert on the screen which according to the manual means pins 1 and 2 are shorted, but the connector doesn’t even have a wire out for pin 1 so I’m not sure what to make of that. Any help would be greatly appreciated- thanks!

I have the same plasma cutter - works great. You are using t the wrong pins - SHORT TOGETHER PINS 2 and 3 to activate the arc - ignore the other pins

Hi. Thanks for the response and glad to hear the machine is working well. Not sure I understand though. I’m using the wires for pins 2 and 3 (the two red wires) and ignoring the other two.

I just mentioned the short because the manual says the small flashing alert on the screen (see pic - under the 30 and between the two circles) means pins 1 and 2 are shorted. But the pigtail connector doesn’t even a wire for pin 1. Only 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Okay so I misread something apparently. The little flashing icon means the torch is cutting. The icon was flashing but the torch was not cutting.

The “CNC” icon lights up to indicate a short between pins 1 and 2. Isn’t a short a fault though? And the connector doesn’t even have a wire for pin 1 so I’m not sure what to make of that.