Ideas for non cad users

Be nice to be able to cut letters in simple trace like we do shapes . What ya’ll think.

3 Likes

Print some off, trace them, save them.

As a new fusion 360 user, it’s easy enough to use a font in there and put it on the usb stick

1 Like

Devin i have never used 360 don’t know any thing about cad and my mind ain’t as sharp as it once was for learning almost 70 years old

Thanks Anthony
YouTube@ ragsdalecreekworkshop
Where fabrication is stress relief.

1 Like

Hey @Joatmon

yup Letters are in the plan…problem is they are mathematically quite complex and they chew up a ton of memory that we don’t really have in the ArcDroid

we’ll let you know if/when we get it sorted.

3 Likes

@Andrew Would a very simple single line font be easier to implement? Would be perfect for marking/gouging tip “engraving”

1 Like

Could always ask someone here to help you with a font and send it to you!

That would be so awesome Andrew! I’m saving for an arc droid right now, and I would love to see that in the future! Would it need to be an update on future machine’s memory space? Or the release of a different model with higher memory space?

Would it be possible to program Arcdroid to read USB drive for certain jobs that need specific programming instructions EG: Lettering & fonts.

The arcdroid is limited buy memory so USB may be able to supply extra by using a section for that instruction.

@ChrisRawlins Actually not that kind of memory… internal RAM. The stuff used for calculations not storage.
These things are all in the works…they just take time.

1 Like

Talking about ram is there any way to add an (exterior or internal) ram memory expansion in the future, that would be awesome

One software update could possibly be the allocation of Virtual RAM memory from a USB drive or just a Ram module replacement like laptop computer’s run.

Here is what i use Stencilfy to make my letters than save to svg then covert that file with CloudConvert.