My setup with Everlast 82i

Hey guys!

Long time follower second time poster! Anyway I thought I would show off my set up, nothing too special but it works! You can see I modified the torch holder arm to add another holder since the plasma I’m using is the Everlast 82i cnc and it has a massive torch head. So to hold it on there I needed a bit more grab than the stock one. Also I added some photos of some small clamps I milled up to hold down the work piece. Haven’t filled the tray with water yet but haven’t really needed to yet.

Thanks for looking!

Devin

7 Likes

Nice setup, I’m considering purchasing the arcdroid and doing my research.
The table is important, yours looks great. can you share any information about its construction

Sure! It’s just a 2x2x1/4 frame, and then the slat holders are 1-1/4 aluminum that I slotted out to fit in 1x1/8 slats. Mounted those with a couple bolts on either side, you can see the oversized holes I drilled out to get a socket in there to mount them. We have a sheet metal place next door so I got them to bend me up a water tray that I siliconed and slide it in with a couple of pieces of 1-1/2 angle to hold it up. Then from there it was just mounting the droid on, so I machined some spacers to fit under the machine to raise it up to the level of the slats and also to level it out. Added some J bent 3/8’s hooks for cables and the table is ready to rock.

1 Like

Oh yeah I also got the neighbours to cut me a piece of sheet metal that blocks the plasma machine off so it avoids getting sparks thrown at it. I think I’ll probably put some sort of sheet metal blocker for the droid as well.

Nice build. Do you have an idea how much $ in materials +/- $50? I’m trying to decide if I want to purchase a kit or make one from scratch. Weld tables has a pretty nice setup 24 x 36 for $575

Hey dano4911, It’s hard for me to say since I used a lot of scrap metal laying around our shop. But 575 seems like a pretty good deal to me to be honest. If anyone has any ideas on price points for tables feel free to chime in!

Devin

I bought the Klutch table from Northern Tool. 21”x33” table. $239, sometimes on sale $199. Not to bad. Individual parts aren’t particularly rugged but assembled it is pretty stout. Doesn’t require much floor space and fits the work envelope of the Droid.

1 Like

That’s a nice looking setup!!

1 Like